Saturday, August 14, 2010

Zen and the art of Vampires

   Alright lovelies, so since I've failed so immensely on the blogging, I vow to catch up.  Unfortunately for all of you, while I didn't have time to post, I still made time to read. Given, it took my ages longer to finish a book than normal, but I still read. A lot. So, I'm going to post a ton of reviews of all the wonderful books I read and failed to tell you all about. I decided to start with Zen and the Art of Vampires, because I re-read it a few days ago. Now, here I will proclaim to the world, Katie MacAlister is one of my favorite authors. Period. She has yet to write something I didn't enjoy with every fiber of my being. Now note, I haven't read her historicals yet, but everything else has been amazing. Now, onto the novel!


Book: Zen and the Art of Vampires
Author: Katie MacAlister


Le Cover:

Le Synopsis:
Is it possible to love two vampires at the same time? Pushing forty and alone, Pia Thomason heads to Europe on a singles tour, hoping to find romance. What she finds are two very handsome, very mysterious, and very undead men. And she learns that where vampires are concerned, love isn’t the only thing at stake.Is it possible to love two vampires at the same time? Pushing forty and alone, Pia Thomason heads to Europe on a singles tour, hoping to find romance. What she finds are two very handsome, very mysterious, and very undead men. And she learns that where vampires are concerned, love isn’t the only thing at stake.
   Now, one of my favorite things about Katie is that her characters are always flawed, but in a normal sort of way. They are easy to relate to and her heroine, Pia, is no exception.  I'm sure almost every woman at one point or another has looked at herself and looked and a gorgeous guy and said "I wish." Now, this could be a common occurrence (I hope not) or just one of those random fat days that bite you in the ass; but it happens to the best of us. I love Pia, she's intelligent, sweet and surprisingly funny as well. Magda reminds me of that friend that everyone loves because they throw caution to the wind and you always have a great time. Kristoff is the perfect combination of adorable and grumpy to make it all come together beautifully.  My least favorite character here was Alec; I felt like he was fake-nice and got the feeling he wasn't very honest. 
    Anyway, this book is a fantastic afternoon read. It's easy to slip into her story and stay wrapped up in it through to the end. I give this book 5 cupcakes. Yes, I said cupcakes. You all know how I love my cupcakes, thus there is no better rating system in the world; however I will yield to the tradition of a 1 to 5 scale. Of cuppiecakes. Now, go off and read everything by Katie MacAlister. That is an order. =0)

No comments:

Post a Comment